[squid-users] problem using non-FQDN with Squid cache

From: Arnold Wang <arnold.wang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:04:49 -0800

I have a Squid cache server "Version 2.5.STABLE6" running on RedHat
Enterprise Linux 4. It seems working fine so far, it has only been up
for two days, except I can't access local web servers without using
FQDN. For example, when I tried http://sharepoint, I received the
following error messages:
"The requested URL could not be retrieved
While trying to retrieve the URL: http://sharepoint/
The following error was encountered:
        Unable to determine IP address from host name for sharepoint
The dnsserver returned:
        Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this
        query.
This means that:
 The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
 Check if the address is correct. "

I have the "append_domain" option configured to include the local domain.
"[root@rcarhld02 squid]# grep qrs.com /etc/squid/squid.conf
append_domain .qrs.com"

Is there something else I missed? Also, I have another related question, can I append multiple
domain names like "append_domain .localdomain1.com .localdomain2.com"?

Thanks in advance for all the helps.