Re: [squid-users] strange problem with squid 2.5 STABLE10

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <m.c.crockett@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 06:58:43 -0800

On 28 Feb 2006, at 24:45 PST, Raj wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a squid proxy (Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE10) running on a
> Open BSD server. I am having a strange problem with one particular
> web site
> http://62.17.163.240/. It takes about 6 to 8 secs to access each link
> on this web site. But the strange problem is if I change the time on
> client's PC (forward the time by 1 minute) then the performance is
> pretty normal. I mean it takes only a second or so to access the web
> site (http://62.17.163.240/). It doesn't make any sense to me. But
> squid experts can tell me if there is any reason behind this.
>
> Also I tried to access this particular web site using Microsoft Proxy
> which is on the same LAN as squid proxy. If I use Microsoft proxy I
> have no issues even if I dont change the time on client's PC. It is
> not possible to change the time on all client's PC becuase all the
> PC's get time from NTP server. Is there a way to fix this problem.

Aren't Windows-based web sites that generate dynamic content and
don't provide a Content-Length fun?

If you are not using a Windows-based system, not using Internet
Explorer, and not going through a web proxy server; you'll get a
timeout. Click your browser's reload button and the page will
display immediately.

The web site needs to fix their portal software and generate a
Content-Length.

Merton Campbell Crockett
m.c.crockett@adelphia.net