Re: [squid-users] How to check caching and performance of Squid?

From: D & E Radel <radel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 12:29:33 +1300

> Cachemgr comes with SQUID , and needs to be installed
> in the cgi-bin of a local webmaster; then it can be referred too
> as in :
>
> http://yourhost/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi
>
> However various access controls apply, see squid.conf.default
> for details.

Thanks for that. I am running the default Debian stable Squid + Sarg
install. I see cachemgr.cgi in /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ but it shows "page not
found" when trying to access via web-browser. I have allowed cachemgr
access for the IP address of my pc, and have tried connecting from the
squid machine itself. Is there a howto / walkthru somewhere? I never
installed a web-server, but Sarg or webmin seem to be serving pages.

Cheers,
D.Radel.