[squid-users] newbie question about authentication

From: p pap <sibas11@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 13:04:43 +0200

Hello there
I am new to squid and I have some problems to setup a basic authentication
in anonymous squid
I have install squid/2.5.STABLE12-20060228 under suse 9.2 and works fine (I
thing)
My setup is from http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-23.html
and I have it like this
auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/libexec/ncsa_auth
/usr/local/squid/etc/passwd
acl users proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow users

returns from broswer
* Cache Access Denied.
Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/
from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.

from access log i have TCP_DENIED/407
and from cashe log if help this, i have helperOpensServers: Starting 5
'ncsa_auth' procesess

Why iis not prompt for login?

What I missing here, can anyone point me where and what I have wrong.

Thank you