Re: [squid-users] Squid as reverse proxy with URL rewriting

From: samu tuomisto <samu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:34:32 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>>Is it possible to set up Squid-Reverse-proxy server with "URL rewriting"
>>- so that reverse proxy site visitor would stay inside Reverse proxy
>>site instead of following absolutely links that actual site contains.
>
> Nope.
>
> Squid reverse proxy assumes the server gives out good URLs, which is
> generally the best idea anyway.

Thanks for your answer, unfortunately the reality isn't often that ideal.

I think there are programs like "Squirm" for redirecting in proxy mode
but is there any for Reverse proxy - "URL rewriting" purpose? For Apache
proxy there are such modules like mod_proxy_html, mod_publisher and
ModProxyPerlHtml.

Best regards,
Samu