RE: [squid-users] Memory Error when using large acl files

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 00:19:45 +0100

tor 2006-03-02 klockan 16:10 +0000 skrev Paul Mattingly:

> When I load the current squid configuration from cache manager, squid
> shoots up to 99% CPU load and then the browser crashes. I have to send a
> shutdown signal to regain normality. I guess the browser just cannot
> handle displaying 550,000 entries. It is a shame because I find the
> config display very useful

Testing.. (without the browser). Looks like it will take a while... not
something to do in production as all other requests are blocked while
this is taking place..

It took 15 seconds for Squid to initially load the config, ages to dump
it out but eventually it will complete I guess. But it might take
hours.. (at least two very inefficient layers of code involved here..)

maybe I should resurrect that old patch of mine which dumps the actual
squid.conf line rather than the expanded acl.. if I only could remember
where it is.. looking. Ah, in neger got to that point. Trivial change
however if desired [patch attached], but it has some limitations and
won't reflect the config entirely accurately if you have a include acl
split over multiple lines..