[squid-users] squid cannot resolve non-fqdn names

From: Shoebottom, Bryan <BShoebottom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:50:52 -0500

Hello,

In my browser, if I simply put a hostname (webserver) in the address bar without the top level domain and subdomain (webserver.domain.tld), I get an "Unable to determine IP address from host name for hostname". If I put the fqdn in, it works fine. Is there any way to rectify this in the squid configuration? Squid uses the contents of /etc/resolv.conf for resolving names and this file includes the search and domain directives.

Thanks,
 Bryan