RE: [squid-users] Filtering log data

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 14:47:54 +0100

lör 2006-03-04 klockan 13:44 +0100 skrev David:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the information and the patch. I will relay this to our admin.
> One more question. You asked if the lines were in the exact same order. Do
> they need to be? Is squid.conf read sequentially?

It is read sequentially yes, as most text files are while parsing them.

acls needs to be defined before they are used.

order of http_access and other similar directives are also important

(http_access, http_reply_access, cache_log, cache_peer_access (for the
peer, icp_access, redirector_access, refresh_pattern, and some more...)

most other stuff can be defined in any order you like.