Re: [squid-users] Restricting Access to certain sites only

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 08:33:30 +0100

sön 2006-03-05 klockan 07:58 +0300 skrev Odhiambo WASHINGTON:
> Hello list,
>
> I have a quick one.
>
> I have a certain IP class that I'd like to restrict to something akin to
> a "walled garden" - allowing them access to only 3 sites - site1, site2
> and site3.
>
> I am not sure how to go about this, but I have a feeling this is in the
> FAQ, only I cannot figure out which FAQ.
>
> So I am thinking that I need to:
>
> 1. Define the IP class in an acl
> 2. Define the allowed sites in an acl
> 3. Tie 1 and 2 together to allow the class access to the sites
> 4. Deny this class access to all other sites.

100% on the point

> Can someone point me in the right direction, even my example.

Just translate the above 4 lines into acl and http_access directives..
It translates literally into 4 lines with the exact same content just
different language..

Squid FAQ 10 Access Controls
<url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html> is a good starting
point. Especially the introduction. There is no exact example for what
you want to do, but I think you will manage.