Re: [squid-users] two parent proxy accounts, which one will be used in cache_peer?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 12:17:42 +0100

tis 2006-03-07 klockan 11:36 +0800 skrev Mars Lenjoy:
> hello Henrik,
>
> the cache.log has been attached.
>
> how can i know the icp_port of parent?

From the information given to you by the maintainers of the parent
proxy. If they haven't given ICP information to you then you probably
shoulnd't use ICP to that peer..

To disable ICP add the no-query option. I usually also set the ICP port
to 0 in these cases to further illustrate that ICP is not used.

> is the round-bin necessary? because i don't know the parent proxy's
> round-robin setting and i'm just using the same proxy, so i didn't use
> this setting.

If you want Squid to distribute the requests over the two cache_peer
lines then yes.

> do you mean that, the 10.10.2.54 is the same host name?
> if I have two accounts in this proxy, how can I use the different parent names?

By making two different host names for the parent in your /etc/hosts
file, and list these names in squid.conf instead of the IP address.

> #! /usr/bin/perl -p
> s/^\d+\.\d+/localtime $&/e;
>
> I don't know how to use that? :)

Just place the contents in a file with a suitable name so you remember
what the file is about, and make the file executable and suddenly you
have a new UNIX command for translating Squid log files into human
readable timestamps. Similar thing can be done in the Windows
environment as well but the details will be slightly different.. (unless
you run Cygwin in which case the UNIX rules applies.. thank god)