Re: [squid-users] Any way to do this? allow/deny acces by login

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 23:45:31 +0100

ons 2006-03-08 klockan 15:55 -0300 skrev Jonis Maurin Ceará:
> Hi
> Is there any way to allow or deny acces to specific sites (defined by
> acel) checking by login name?

Yes.

> I have an auth. programm that authenticate my squid users on postgresql.
> What i want is to create one more col on my table like "all_enabled" or
> "group" and if is all enabled or group X, this user have access to all
> sites (including blocked for default users).

> Is there any way to do this kind of authentication?

The first is authentication (verifying the login) and is done as you
already do by a helper defined in auth_param.

The second is authorization (giving different users different rights)
and databases like this is integrated using the external_acl_type
directive where you need a helper capable of answering the simple
question "Does user X belongs to group Y".

There is several external acl helpers you can look at to get some
inspiration on how this is done.