[squid-users] Squid - Adding a disk to cache....

From: Finnur Örn Guðmundsson - TM Software Skyggnir <fog@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:14:22 -0000

Hi,

I have a Squid running with 3 disks defined to cache_dir.

I want to add one more.....

Do i have to shutdown my cache to do it ? It's not possible to add cache_dir on-the-fly ;)? (Tried to Google it (tm) but didnt find anything about this).

The procedure:

1. Add the extra cache_dir to squid.conf
2. run: squid -z
3. run: squid --reconfigure (if we can add it on-the-fly)

Kær kveðja / Best regards,
Finnur Ö. Guðmundsson
RHCE, Linux+, MCP
System Engineer - System Operations
fog@t.is

TM Software - Skyggnir
Holtasmári 1, IS- 201 Kópavogur, Iceland
tel: + 354 545 3000-fax + 354 545 3001
www.t.is

This e-mail message and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please uphold strict confidentiality and neither read, copy, nor otherwise make use of the content in any way and notify sender immediately, by replying to this message or by sending an e-mail, and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Any non work related opinions contained in this message are those of the author and are not given or endorsed by TM Software TölvuMyndir through which this message is sent.