Re: [squid-users] WCCP Transparent Proxy on High Volume network

From: Daniel EPEE LEA <epeelea@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:17:19 -0800

Hello,

I have to rebuild squid because with mu initial setup, my server
started "Running out of filedescriptors" . But I need to set the
number of file descriptors "I desire to use".

What is an acceptable number of file descriptors to allow ? (so then I
do not rebuild squid again :( )

How do I determine the right value for my kernel and system ?

I run
RHEL v4 + 2.6.9-22.ELsmp #1 SMP + squid-2.5 Stable12
RAM 4Gig,
Cache Size 40 Gigs and +

Thanks for your answers,

Regards