Re: [squid-users] Disable Squid Error Messages

From: Rachel <packetgirl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:55:21 +0000

Christoph Haas wrote:
> On Monday 13 March 2006 21:47, Rachel wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to configure squid to not show some of / all of it's in
>> built error messages, getting the browser to display it's own defaults.
>>

> No. Because the browser will only use it's built-in error messages when it
> detects a certain condition itself - like a DNS error or a 404 (page not
> found). But since Squid is always returning a proper error page the
> browsers will display it.
>
> Christoph

Thanks Christoph,

I have read that if the error templates do not contain %s then squid
will output %s at the end of each error message.

Is it possible to stop Squid from automatically displaying %s or will I
have to alter the source code? - I want to remove it completly, not
just hide it with <!-- -->

errorpage.c :

} error_hard_text[] = {

   {