Re: [squid-users] Max password Length - ncsa_auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:08:24 +0100

tis 2006-03-14 klockan 16:04 +0200 skrev Paolo Biancolli:
> Can anyone tell me what the maximum length a user name can be using
> ncsa_auth? Will a user with a username of 29 characters have an issue
> authenticating?

Should work fine.

Squid does not really impose any practical limit on either logins or
passwords.

ncsa_auth also does not have any practical limit on the length of a
login name.

ncsa_auth limits passwords to 8 characters unless MD5 is used (MD5 is
supported by ncsa_auth found in the Squid-3 snapshots, works with 2.5 as
well).

by "any practical" I mean that you can have logins + passwords up to at
least 250 characters in total.