[squid-users] Caching Dynamic Pages

From: Max Clark <max.clark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:13:12 -0800

Hi all,

I have an _old_ server running a simple CMS driven web site. This
machine is sorely underpowered and has been having extreme issues
lately keeping up with the load. We are currently in development on a
new CMS platform to replace these old systems with a unified
environment - but for now I need to keep this box running.

So for the short term I have placed a squid cache in front of this CMS
server which for the most part has been working perfectly. The CMS has
pages that look like this "/page.dyn?N=12345" where the N=12345
references the article to be served. I know squid by default will not
cache dynamic pages, but in this case how do I instruct squid to cache
this page and be aware that the different N= pattern is different
pages to serve? This will save many hours of sleep.

Thanks in advance,
Max

--
 Max Clark