Re: [squid-users] redirection and/or header manipulation

From: Frans Haarman <franshaarman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:55:31 +0100

> What exacly are you trying to do?
Basicly this:

Client | HTTPS | SQUID | HTTP | Webserver-With-Authentication

The problem is that some of the webservers run microsoft and use absolute
URLs containing http:// instead of https:// I need to keep the websites working.

With Pound I used the addHeader function. Which tells M$ to rewrite the URLs.

But we want to use Squid! So I am trying to get it working. The reason
we want squid is so in the future we can setup:

Client | HTTPS | SQUID | HTTPS | Webserver

That way we dont need a VPN to the Webservers with private content, we
can just run with private SSL certificates.

 I am trying to do it with Squid3 at the moment. Unless somone on this
list tells me its not-at-all suitable for production in an enviroment
I wriet about in this mail..

Regards,
FH.

ps. if it all works, in the future, I think we want some kind of
official support. Any body on this list offering ?