Re: [squid-users] X Server Crashed after Yum Update

From: Michael D. Setzer II <mikes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:25:14 +1000

Date sent: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:10:01 +0500
From: Najam-us-Saquib <najamss@gmail.com>
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: [squid-users] X Server Crashed after Yum Update

> Hi Experts:
>
> I have run Yum on my Fedora 4 box but there was an error occured.
> After 1 or two days when I restart the machine there was an error that
> X server cannot loaded. Now kindly guide me that what should I do for
> solution.

What happens if you run startx after logging into the machine?
Try system-config-display.

> Thank you for time and attention.
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Najam-us-Saquib
> System Administrator
> GIFT University
> http://www.gift.edu.pk
> Cellular # +92-321-6441381
>
> "This message may contain privileged information. If you have received
> this message by mistake, please keep it confidential and return it to
> the sender. Although we have taken steps to minimize the risk of
> transmitting software viruses, GIFT University accepts no liability
> for any loss or damage caused by computer viruses and would advise you
> to carry out your own virus checks. The contents of this e-mail do not
> necessarily represent the views of GIFT University."

  Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor
  Guam Community College Computer Center
  mailto:mikes@kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii@gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned: 19,471
Processing time: 32 years, 290 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC Seti@Home Total Credits 552135.158300