Re: [squid-users] squid Make; bug in Makefile?

From: Linda W <squid-user@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:15:36 -0800

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> The devel site is different even if you also can find a CVS repository
> there.. The devel site is targeting developers, not users. The contents
> of the two CVS repositories is also slightly different as some
> autogenerated "junk" not needed by developers but quite needed by
> end-users is only found in the main CVS, and history is only available
> in the main CVS.

---
	Been a little while before I could get back to this...
	Theoretically, should one be able to do a cvs checkout (update) from
either of the CVS repositories and be able to configure and build it?
	I am getting errors building from the "user" CVS and am not sure
if they are due to my config, a passing error in CVS, or if what I am
trying to do just isn't likely to work.
	The error messages concern a "include/cppunit/config_auto.h" that
seems to be a template file that wasn't processed.
	Sorry for what might be simplistic, basic questions, but am trying to
generate squid from CVS for first time (vs. from some distro's "RPM"...).
Linda