Re: [squid-users] Forwarding loop after rebooting.

From: Mark Stevens <mark.stevens99@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 19:23:02 +0000

Thanks for the reply's,

Mark the F.A.Q link you posted was my first point of call :), I
understand I am experiencing a loop, and thanks to the documentation
have a better understanding of what they are, I'm just unsure why this
only happens when the machine is rebooted.

Henrik,

I will perform further testing against the redirect rules, however
what I am finding strange is that the problem only happens after
downtime, to resolve the problem I used an alternative redirect_rules
file with the same squid.conf file, and the looping errors go away,

The first time this happened we ran the 'alternative' redirect rules
for a few days, and then my colleague re-introduced the redirect_rule
file that failed on reboot, and restarted squid , shutting down
cleanly, and waiting for all processes to die off, the site
functioned without error, and no looping errors, until the reboot,
then the exact same problem occurred. so in short, we have a
redirector that works without error up until the falls out of the farm
for a short period of time.

Thanks again.