Re: [squid-users] Restarting Squid

From: <Mace.Scott@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:36:46 -0500

I'm assuming you are using RedHat. You didn't say. Look at the script
/etc/init.d/squid There you will see the various sections for stop,
start, restart, etc. Add your own section, "condrestart" or something
like that, and throw your commands in there. Of course, the next time the
rpm gets updated, you may lose this, and it does require you know some
basic shell scripting.

=========================
Scott Mace
Security Administrator
Travelcenters of America
440-808-4318
mace.scott@tatravelcenters.com
=========================

"Brad Taylor" <btaylor@Autotask.com>
03/22/2006 12:24 PM

<squid-users@squid-cache.org>
cc

Subject
[squid-users] Restarting Squid

I use "service squid restart" to restart squid. I'd like to be able to
switch conf files when restarting sometimes. I know squid -f
filename.conf would work but I'd like to use the "service squid restart"
method.

Brad