[squid-users] caching files >2GB

From: James Stewart <james.stewart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:07:45 +0100

Hi,

I'm moving files across a WAN for an internal application and I need to
be able to cache files >2GB in size.

I understand that this functionality for 32-bit systems will exist in
Squid 3.0, but I need a solution that is stable enough for a production
environment and I'm wary of using dev code.

Does anybody know of an alternative cache to Squid that can handle files
>2GB on a 32-bit system? If not, is anyone using Squid 3.0 in this way -
is there a projected release date for Squid 3.0?

Thanks,

James