Re: [squid-users] No protocol or hostname part of url problem

From: William K. Hardeman <wont-i@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:34:03 -0500

--On Saturday, March 25, 2006 11:29 PM +1100 Tim Bates
<tin@new-life.org.au> wrote:

> Can you allow direct access for that particular host? As in for that
> host, bypass squid. How did you set the clients to use the proxy?
> Transparent, manually set on client, Active Directory, etc...

I knew I'd end up leaving important information off. Ah, well... :-S

We can allow direct access, but we would prefer to manage it using Squid's
authentication feature, as all users are not allowed to go to that website,
nor do the users requiring access have static IPs. It would be problematic,
at this time, to give them static IPs.

Our squid server at that location is configured to perform authentication
against the local AD server using LDAP. Clients are either configured
manually or through auto-discovery using DHCP (in testing currently).

If there's any further information that would help, please let me know.

Will

William K. Hardeman
wont-i@wkh.org
http://www.wkh.org