[squid-users] Big Proxy Machine preparation

From: <wlagmay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:12:35 +0300

Hi all,

Im about to intall a Squid proxy (Squid2.5Stabler13)on a Dell 2850 dual 3.2 MHz
processor Intel Xeon (64 bit machine) with 8 Gig of physical RAM. My objective
is to install a machine that can handle let say 3 to 4 thousand concurrent
users. Here are my questions? With configuration options
"--enable-large-cache-files" can this help the clients to access larger
files/webpages stored on the cache directory faster? with my objective of
supporting large number of users do I need to increase the Filedescriptor? how
can I do it? Any suggestion on how can I prepare a good proxy machine for so
many concurrent users? Any Ideas are welcome?

Thank you very much,

Wennie