Re: [squid-users] squid performance epoll. 350req/sec 100% cpu

From: Stefan Neufeind <squid-users@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:22:00 +0200

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Stefan Neufeind <squid-users@stefan-neufeind.de>:
>
>> Try compiling with the epoll-patch. Made an enormous
>> performance-improvement here. System-time is "wasted" in the
>> connection-handling (polling/select) - which is more efficient with
>> epoll.
>
> Call me a retard, but where can I find this patch?

Hi Ralf,

see here:
http://devel.squid-cache.org/projects.html

I can also offer you a SRPM of the original Fedora FC4-release with
epoll already integrated (needed a little tweaking). If you are
interested, just let me know. Since you've still got my ICQ-contact
afaik, just msg me :-)

Regards,
 Stefan