RE: [squid-users] RE: Delay Pool Configuration

From: <lokesh.khanna@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:03:51 +0100

Hi

Below is the config which I did

acl cust1 src 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.224 delay_pools 1 delay_class 1 1
delay_access 1 allow cust1 delay_access 1 deny all delay_parameters 1
16000/16000

acl cust2 src 192.168.1.32/255.255.255.224 delay_pools 1 delay_class 1 1
delay_access 1 allow cust2 delay_access 1 deny all delay_parameters 1
16000/16000

Above config is working for me. But my problem is - I can not keep on
adding /27 subnets in squid.conf file. This will not be scalable for me.

Is there any way to define 192.168.0.0/16 and squid should automatically
calculate /27 subnet and assign 128 kbps to each subnet??

Other thing which I want to know - When does squid implement these
rules? Is it immediately or as soon as host crosses some download limit?
Why does we say that normal browsing will work fine but heavy download
speed can be controlled using this feature?

Thanks

Lokesh