[squid-users] Re: ACL to permit AIM through Squid?

From: Kevin <kkadow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 18:49:58 -0600

On 3/30/06, Kevin <kkadow@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody have an example of an ACL to permit AOL Instant Messenger
> to "CONNECT" through squid, as a specific port/destination/method?

To answer my own question, the way to make AIM work through Squid is as follows:

#
# Permit AOL Instant Messenger to connect to oscar.aol.com
#
acl AIM_ports port 5190
acl AIM_domains dstdomain .oscar.aol.com .blue.aol.com
acl AIM_domains dstdomain .messaging.aol.com .aim.com
acl AIM_hosts dstdomain login.oscar.aol.com login.glogin.messaging.aol.com
acl AIM_nets dst 64.12.0.0/255.255.0.0
acl AIM_methods method CONNECT
#
http_access allow AIM_methods AIM_ports AIM_nets
http_access allow AIM_methods AIM_ports AIM_hosts
http_access allow AIM_methods AIM_ports AIM_domains
###EOF###