[squid-users] They know we are using squid? Had no idea...

From: WebGal! <webgalisat@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:22:50 -0700

Just saw something the other day that needs to be addressed.

It appears, which we did not know, it can be determined if we are
running squid when connecting to a server through our remote
installation of squid. We would like to have this "feature" disabled,
for obvious reasons. Would appreciate any thoughts about how to make
our use of squid completely obscured.

To see an example of what we are talking about visit the URL below
through your squid proxy server, heck perhaps any proxy server...

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/aboutyou.ch

generates...

Proxy Server: 1.1 host.XXXXXXXX.XXX:8065 (squid/2.5.STABLE12)

Thanks for your help