[squid-users] access.log analysis on a timeline?

From: Gavin Hamill <gdh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:52:49 +0100

Hi :)

I've been trying to determine who's being a naughty little employee at
work and spending most of the day on the web, so have been trying out
lots of different (free or Free) logfile analysis tools..

The one I've had the best results with so far is 'srg' since this allows
me to drill down and see what sites each IP address has been visiting,
and the amount of bandwidth used to each site on a per-user basis.

What I'd like is to take this a stage further and see this data on a
timeline... because I have no problem with someone generating 200MB of
traffic during lunchtime watching google videos, etc. but I have a
problem with 200MB of traffic spread throughout the day on web chat
forums and the like.

Are there any tools to generate such a timeline (open or commerical) ?

Cheers,
Gavin.