Re: [squid-users] ACL to permit AIM through Squid?

From: Kevin <kkadow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 00:42:55 -0600

On 3/31/06, Odhiambo WASHINGTON <odhiambo.raburu@wananchi.com> wrote:
> * On 30/03/06 14:06 -0600, Kevin wrote:
> | Does anybody have an example of an ACL to permit AOL Instant Messenger
> | to "CONNECT" through squid, as a specific port/destination/method?
>
> I have seen alot of those in the archives.....

When I searched the archives, I found a bunch of people asking "How I
do STOP people from using AIM through my proxy", and a couple of posts
recommending opening up TCP/5190 to *all* possible destinations (goes
against our policy).

Plus one post saying that all you need to do is permit CONNECT to 5190
to " login.oscar.aol.com", but that didn't actually work, at least not
reliably.

I'm just glad nobody has asked me to securely enable MSN Messenger.... yet.

Kevin