Re: [squid-users] icp child no route to host

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 11:37:59 +0200

Please keep replies on the mailinglist.

tis 2006-05-02 klockan 09:50 +0300 skrev pwasenda@ura.go.ug:
> my default gateway (for the child proxy) is a router. the parent proxy is behind
> that router. does this mean i have to setup wccp for icp to work between my
> proxies ?

ICP or WCCP is not related.

The problem is either

a) If your new box is supposed to have direct Internet connectivity then
routing has not been set properly on the new box.

b) If your new box does not yet have Internet connectivity and must use
the old box as parent on all requests then you haven't told this small
detail to Squid. See the FAQ referenced earlier for details.