RE: [squid-users] bandwidth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 18:21:03 +0200

tis 2006-05-02 klockan 10:31 -0400 skrev Jason Gauthier:

> That inspires a question.. Is there some way, with squid, to see current
> transfers?

cachemgr has multiple views on this, so does SNMP. The problem is to
view it in a meaningful manner so you understand what you see and more
importantly what to look closer at..

Examples:

  - cachemgr filedescriptor table: currently open sockets with their I/O
levels.
  - cachemgr pending objects: currently fetched objects; URL, position,
clients, amount of memory used.
  - SNMP cacheClients table: utilization per client IP; bytes &
requests, total and hits. (I think this is also available via cachemgr,
but that method is not very practical interface if you have many
clietns...)