Re: [squid-users] acl and cache

From: Aurélien Bras <aurelien.bras@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 10:35:35 +0200

2006/5/2, Mark Elsen <mark.elsen@gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want a matching ACL to not use the cache.
> >
> > acl back myport 8081 : should not use cache.
> > acl front myport 8080 : should use cache.
> >
> > I can't use no_cache directive because it purge objects.
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Why do you think that ?
>
> M.

First,

I read this in the O'reilly book :

"If you add a no_cache rule after Squid has been running for a while,
the cache may contain
some objects that match the new rule. Prior to Squid Version 2.5,
these previously cached
objects might be returned as cache hits. Now, however, Squid purges
any cached response for a request that matches a no_cache rule."

But I'm not sure of this, i will try more test.

client->FRONT->Dansguardian->BACK->Internet.

I want : Only FRONT acl put new object in cache, but :

With a no_cache deny BACK

I test on a .gif :

First request : MISS ok.
Second request : REFRESH_HIT on FRONT and REFRESH_MISS on BACK

Not good, after disable : #no_cache deny BACK

Thirst request REFRESH_HIT on FRONT and REFRESH_HIT on BACK

It's ok but BACK can put new objects in cache :(

Thanks.

Aurélien Bras.