[squid-users] Shorewall/Dansguardian/Squid -- 99% works

From: Scott Ruckh <sruckh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 22:06:50 -0700 (MST)

I have the following configuration

client-->FW Redirect port 80 to DG-->DG hand off of Squid-->Squid to
internet.

More or less the typical transparent proxy configuration.

For web browsing this configuration works fine almost all of the time so I
am not concerned about web browsing and transparent proxy configuration.

My question is with other programs that use port 80 such as Antivirus
update services, news reader client (yes it connects to server on port
80), and peer-to-peer clients. In my environment these application only
function properly when the transparent proxy is disabled.

I assume the transparent proxy stuff has been configured correctly as it
works as expected from the web browser.

I am trying to figure out why these other programs struggle with the
configuration and if there is already a solution I have overlooked.

If anyone has already resolved this issue, can you please point me in the
right direction.

Thanks.

--
Scott