Re: [squid-users] Bandwidth Savings

From: Anton Glinkov <lartc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:32:12 +0300 (EEST)

Hello,

If your squid is on a separate machine (not used for anything else but web
caching) and has only one network interface (to users and to internet),
you can monitor the outgoing and incoming bandwidth of the the device. The
difference between them is the bandwidth saved by squid. I do that by
drawing a rrd graph. Similar graph can be made if you have two interfaces
(one to users, other to internet -> users outgoing bw minus internet
incoming bw), but those must be used only by squid.

I hope this helps.

--
Anton Glinkov
network administrator