[squid-users] Squid and RAID

From: Paolo Biancolli <Paolo.Biancolli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 09:22:30 +0200

Hi,

I read in a passed thread that running squid on a box with raid
negatively affects performance of squid. Is this true for raid 5 as well
as raid 0 ? The plan, if we decide to use raid, is to use 2 disks with
raid 0 for OS (FC5) and have one disk with reiser fs for cache. Is this
recommended or should we stay away from raid altogether?

What is the recommended amount of RAM required if we use a 72GB cache or
alternatively a 144GB cache?

Many thanks

Paolo Biancolli