RE: [squid-users] Squid / ident / dansguardian

From: REMY Julien <julien.remy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:52:47 +0200

Bonjour,

Somebody advised me to position DansGuardian between Squid and Internet
(instead of placing it between customers and Squid). That requires to
configure Squid so that it makes call to DansGuardian as with a proxy
relative. The stations will be connected then directly to Squid, it
will allow to use all the functionalities of authentification and of
ACLs de Squid.

Do you have a small idea? Can you explain to me how to make?

Thank you

Hello,

> I removed the file msntauth.allowusers. Only the users present in the
ACL
> UtilAutorises Ident are taken into account.
>
> If I go on Internet, that functions but when I stopped the service
Ident, I
> should not authenticate myself. It is always the same problem.

What exactly do you mean: "It is always the same problem"? When you stop

ident, Squid will of course deny access (as you only allow users which
can be
identified).

I haven't used DansGuardian so far. Did you try to do the authentication
with
Squid alone (not involving DansGuardian at all)? I'd try something like
this:

ACL ServiceInfo ident /etc/squid/listeUtilisateurs
ACL authenticate proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access allow ServiceInfo
http_access allow authenticate
http_access deny all

Then configure your external authenticator (auth_param).

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Albrecht, Novell Training Services, peter.albrecht@novell.com