[squid-users] restart authentication helpers

From: Michael W. Lucas <mwlucas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:30:36 -0400

Hi,

I'm using Squid 2.5.stable13 on RHEL4 with the squid_radius_auth
helper, and have checked Google, the squid FAQ, and the config guide.

After a given squid_radius_auth has been running for a while it starts
to generate errors. Right now, I'm clearing those errors with a squid
-k reconfigure, which appears to restart all the helper processes.

I'd like to restart helpers without kicking the whole cache -- say,
every 5 minutes, or after answering 100 requests. Is there a way to
do this?

Thanks,
==ml

--