Re: [squid-users] Use a parent proxy for https connexions

From: Visolve squid <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 01:51:28 +0530

Hello Julien,

If you use never_direct and you have multiple parent caches, then you
probably want to mark one of them as a default choice in case Squid
can't decide which one to use. That is done with the default keyword on
a cache_peer line.

never_direct allow all

If you have only one parent,nothing is sent to the parent.Simply adding
default to a parent does not force all requests to be sent to that
parent.If you want to force all requests to your parent cache(s), use
the never_direct option.

Squid does not know what to do with an https request to handle such a
request, Squid would need to speak the SSL protocol.

Thanks,
Visolve Squid Team,
http://squid.visolve.com