Re: [squid-users] cannot connect to proxy

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 12:33:36 +0200

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 05:47:26PM +0800, Deephay wrote:
> I am currently configuring a proxy server in order I can browsing
> web through that,
> but after I configured the proxy, it can only be accessed by the
> localhost (correctly).
>
> telnet PROXY 44 will just continuely tring
>
> nmap -p 44 proxy returns back:
> 44/tcp filtered xxxxx
>
> and here's a part of my configuration file
> http_port 44

A rather unusual port.

> # Only allow cachemgr access from localhost
> http_access allow manager localhost
> http_access deny manager
> # Only allow purge requests from localhost
> http_access allow purge localhost
> http_access deny purge
> # Deny requests to unknown ports
> http_access deny !Safe_ports
> # Deny CONNECT to other than SSL ports
> http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
> http_access allow all

That should actually do it. What is the error message that you get?

Additionally set 'debug_options ALL,1 33,2' in your squid.conf and run
'squid -k reconfig'. The cache.log should then tell you why an access is
denied.

Kindly
 Christoph

--
Please reply to the list - not to me personally. Personal replies are ignored.