Re: [squid-users] memory leaks

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 09:52:23 +0200

On 18.05.06 17:50, Edvard Chitro wrote:
> Which one is faster ? Ext2 or xfs ?

do NOT use ext2, unless you are prepared to wait for fsck or rebuild
filesystem (and loosing the cache) each time machine/power crashes.

> Ext3 is the slowest of all ...

no, there are slower filesystems, e.g. FAT32.
You can choose ext3, just use bigger commit interval (e.g. 30 secs).

Did you have disk performance problems? If not, don't say ext3 is the
slowest. It's STABLE.

Chernobyl was an Windows 95 beta test site.