Re: [squid-users] Squid Doesn't Cache Some URLs, Does it Examine Content?

From: Ralph Corderoy <ralph@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 13:16:39 +0100

Hi Mark,

> > $ squidclient http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/scripts/javascript/global.js |
>
> http://www.web-caching.com/cacheability.html

Thanks, I'm having a look at it now. It appears broken however since it
thinks "The following server's clock appears to be inaccurate" for any
URL I throw at it, i.e. it's probably wrong, not the rest of the world.

It judgement about the cacheability of global.js is therefore a bit
suspect.

    The following server's clock appears to be inaccurate. This can
    cause difficulties in caching its content. Please ask the
    administrator to synchronise its clock (this may also be caused by a
    proxy between you and the Web server).

        * www.housepricecrash.co.uk - 1 hr 8 min behind

    * http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/scripts/javascript/global.js
      Date Sat, 20 May 2006 12:14:18 GMT
      Expires -
      Cache-Control -
      Last-Modified -
      ETag -
      Content-Length 0.5K (545)
      Server Apache/2.0.53 (Fedora)

    This object will be considered stale, because it doesn't have any
    freshness information assigned. It doesn't have a validator present.

Their clock looks OK to me:

    $ date; \
> env -u http_proxy \
> wget -q -s -O - -C off \