[squid-users] Ldap authentication question

From: Zoto724 <zoto724@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 13:20:08 -0400

Hello, this is my first post, so be gentle ;-)

I work for a public school system currently using novell bordermanger
as a proxy, we are looking to move to squid, but I don't have alot of
experience with squid to know if what we need is even possible with
squid.

Here is what we need:
 - User login page authenticated to Ldap, but *not in a popup box*, we
need a bordermanger type login page with some sort of encryption.
Plaintext passwords is not acceptable.
 - Once authenticated, the user should not have to authenticate again,
(even with a browser closed and no traffic) from that ip until (A)The
user logs off, or (B)the session times out(1 hour). (due to online
testings that lasts several hours sometimes without any traffic)
We have squid setup to work with the network, but ldap authentication
with pam is not doing the job we need. As soon as the user closes the
web browser the session expires, and a basic http auth would cause to
much confusion for users that are used to a login page. Any help,
even just pointing me in the right direction would be great. Thanks,
Aaron.

--
-Aaron-
Zoto724@gmail.com