[squid-users] when is a restart necessary instead of a reconfigure

From: Aaron Chu <aaron@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 20:56:12 -0700

Hi,

I've been googling this, but haven't found a definitive answer - for
what configuration (squid.conf) changes do we need to shutdown and
startup squid? I'm talking about situations where reconfigures won't
put the changes into effect. I've been trying to tune a set of 5
large squid servers and I'm making a lot of frequent changes.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron Chu