Re: [squid-users] Manually expire content

From: Visolve squid <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:41:21 +0530

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 01:04 +0100, Robin Bowes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to use squid to cache content from a content-rewriting
> proxy (running apache).
>
> The proxy sucks content from a live site and replaces specific text strings.
>
> So, http://proxy.example.com/?id=12345 might map to the site
> http://squid-cache.org replacing all instances of the word "squid" with
> "foobar". I want squid to cache this.
>
> Is it possible to manually expire content in the squid cache when
> changes are made to the content-rewriting in the proxy?
>
> Basically, I'd like to be able to say something like:
>
> Expire all content containing the query string "id=12345"
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> R.

Hello Robin,

You can try with purge tool.This is squid related software.
The purge tool is a kind of magnifying glass into your squid-2 cache.
You can use purge to have a look at what URLs are stored in which file
within your cache. The purge tool can also be used to release objects
which URLs match user specified regular expressions. A more troublesome
feature is the ability to remove files squid does not seem to know about
any longer.

Thanks,
Visolve Squid Team,
http://squid.visolve.com