[squid-users] Caching PHP Using Reverse Proxy

From: James Stewart <james.stewart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 12:55:12 +0100

Hi,

I'm using Squid as a reverse-proxy on to a site that is mostly dynamic
php. This is working as expected - none of the php files are being
cached but images and static html are.

I now wish to cache some specific php pages that don't change regularly,
but try as I might I can't get squid to cache these. I've set up a very
basic test page and I have tried adding several headers, (particularly
those suggested by the cacheability engine) but they don't seem to
change this behaviour.

One strange thing is that the cacheability engine tells me that the web
server's clock appears to be inaccurate. But the time being reported is
the correct GMT time, (the server itself is on British Summer Time (GMT
+1)). This doesn't seem to break the caching of static html anyways so I
don't think it's the problem.

Can anyone tell me which specific headers I have to output with php to
get squid to cache my page? Is there anything else the might be stopping
these pages from caching?

Thanks,

James