RE: [squid-users] Transparent proxy with tproxy

From: Steven Wilton <swilton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 08:46:14 +0800

The TPROXY_ASSIGN message is indicating that squid has asked the kernel to
assign the client's ip address to the server-side connection, and the kernel
has returned an error. The kernel needs to be patched with the kernel-side
tproxy patch, otherwise this will always fail. Iptables must also be
patched to support tproxy, and you must use the TPROXY iptables target, and
"-t tproxy" (instead of the REDIRECT with "-t nat").

These patches can be found at http://www.balabit.com/downloads/tproxy/

These errors are not fatal, they just indicate that squid is not spoofing
the client's ip address.

Regards

Steven