Re: [squid-users] POST requests, squid, and round-robin DNS

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 08:46:38 +0200

fre 2006-06-02 klockan 14:11 +1000 skrev Jarrod Harch:

> - if client connects directly to the server without going through
> Squid, the 302 is returned correctly.
> - if DNS is altered to resolve to only one server, then a client
> connecting through Squid doing such a POST results in 302, correct
> behaviour.
> - if using round-robin DNS and client POSTs via Squid, a 200 response
> is sent back to the client and the original page displayed again
> (incorrect behaviour). But refreshing the page reposts the data
> correctly resulting in the 302.

Very odd. Why would your web servers act differently depending on how
the DNS is registered? My only guess is that the session data isn't
replicated proper.

When using Squid the requests gets distributed among both servers, even
if from the same client.

Then using direct connection the client resolves the IP once and then
generally sticks to that IP for the session (or at least until error).