RE: [squid-users] Random authentication popups

From: <CCSTPaxton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 08:06:00 +0100

> > > Do you are using NTLM Negotiate ?
> > >
> > > auth_param ntlm use_ntlm_negotiate on
> > >

> >I am not. Not certain of original poster.
>
> It's recommended with Samba 3 NTLM helper, so try with it.
>
> Regards
>
> Guido

I have use_ntlm_negotiate set on, but also occasionally experience this
problem, however I've generally pinned this down to when my Active
Directory Controllers are maxed out doing other things. Restarting
winbind usually sorts it out. Is there any way of detecting this
condition and scripting the winbind reload?

This is with Samba 3.0.22 and Squid 2.5 STABLE 9, with patched
wbinfo_group.pl, and Win2000 Servers.

Regards,

Tim Paxton
ICT Network Manager
Clifton - A Community Arts School

The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual to whom it was addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing
or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by using the reply
facility in your e-mail software, and then delete it from your system.