[squid-users] Browsers caching css

From: Sketch <sketchster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 10:06:24 -0400

Hey Folks,

We have squid setup to not cache css files because they are frequently
updated. We also have mod_headers send s-maxage=0 and must-revalidate
on those requests.

The problem we're encountering is on the first page load, everything
is served up by the origin servers. Subsequent requests for that same
page result in the request (GET /index.html) being served, but all
other items including css are not requested and we assume are being
cached and applied to the page by the browser itself.

Is there anyway to avoid this behavior?

Thanks.